Cox® Technique is gentle, safe, effective spinal manipulation for decompressing spinal nerves and treating spinal pain. It is a non-surgical approach effective for the relief of low back pain, leg pain, spondylolisthesis, disc degenerative disease, spinal canal stenosis and disc herniation. Further, Cox® Technique realigns and restores range of motion better than active exercise therapy. Dr. Beith is a certified Cox® Flexion-Distraction practitioner.
3D Foot Scanning Technology
Total Wellness now offers 3D foot scans for custom, functional orthotics perfectly engineered for your feet. Unlike generic, over-the-counter orthotics, our functional orthotics are individually designed for your unique postural problems — not just problems with your feet. Functional orthotics offer more than just a short-term symptom relief; correcting imbalances in your feet properly aligning your spine and pelvis.
Soft tissue manipulation to restore balance to the musculoskeletal system, enhance blood and lymph flow, promote relaxation and healing and improve range of motion.
- Manual Lymph Drainage Massage (The Vodder Method)
The Vodder method of MLD is a massage treatment that addresses the lymphatic system of the body. This is a technique recognized by physicians that can effectively reduce edema, inflammation, and treat lymphedema. It is commonly used to enhance recovery from surgery or trauma from injury. In addition, MLD can redirect fluid from areas that are blocked from scar tissue or have had lymph nodes damaged or removed.
The benefit of MLD treatment include:
- Reduces pain and swelling
- Enhance recovery from plastic surgery and mastectomy
- Detoxifies the body
- Supports and enhances the immune system
- Calms the nervous system
- Prevents fibrosis
- Additional techniques utilized by our certified massage therapists include: Medical Massage, Arthrossage, Orthopedic Massage, Swedish Massage, Myofascial Release and Pre-Natal Massage.
The Palmer Package: Diversified & Pettibon
The Palmer technique utilizes precise, osseous adjustments that are quick, safe and painless to correct the subluxation, balance the musculoskeletal system, and restore joint mobility.
A combination of palpation, the study of the biomechanics of the spine and x-ray analysis will lead to the detection of vertebral subluxations (misalignments) and joint articular fixations by a Doctor of Chiropractoic.
Acupuncture is an effective form of healthcare that has evolved into a complete and holistic medical system. Practitioners of the ancient medical practice have experienced clinical success with a variety of health issues including pain control.
An Acupuncturist will place tiny, disposable needles at specific acupoints on the body. This activates the body's Qi (pronounced "chee") and promotes natural healing by enhancing recuperative power, immunity and physical and emotional health.
We understand needle phobia and offer high-tech alternatives to traditional acupuncture with needle-free treatments if preferred.
- Cupping is a therapy designed to stimulate the flow of blood and Qi within the superficial muscle layers. It is used for many ailments including sore muscles, tension, neck pain and the common cold.
- Gua Sha is a technique used to release muscle tension, tightness and constriction. A specialized tool is used to gently scrape or rub the skin over a problem area. Gua Sha feels a bit like deep massage.
- Moxibustion is a treatment that uses an herb called mugwort. It may be burned on the handle of the needle above the skin or on the skin. This is used to "warm" acupuncture points or areas in order to quicken the healing process.
Cranio-Sacral technique utilizes gentle, subtle manipulations to the cranium and sacrum which enhances cerebral spinal movement and harmonizes the natural rhythm of the central nervous system. This technique is effective at treating PTSD, concussion, migraines, headaches, head trauma, TMJ and anxiety.
Our office employs many physical therapy modalities, including ultrasound, electrical muscle stimulation and therapeutic exercise to compliment our other techniques.